Apples give this dish the flavor of fall in just minutes. Complete the meal with buttered Brussels sprouts and oven-roasted potatoes.
4 boneless loin chops, 1/2-inch thick
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 crisp, tart apples, cored, peeled and cut into eighths
1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter and brown chops quickly.
- Stir together apple juice, mustard, wine and broth.
- Add apple slices to chops. Sprinkle with marjoram and pepper. Salt, if desired.
- Pour liquid mixture over chops, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chops and apple slices and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and cook liquid, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- Arrange chops and apple slices on a serving platter and pour sauce over. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.