Roast Pork Loin with Bacon, Pineapple Cola Sauce
Slices of succulent, roasted pork loin are served with a sauce that can't be beat for incredible flavor. Cola is no longer the South's secret ingredient!
1 (3-pound) pork loin
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
1 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Bacon, Pineapple Cola Sauce:
8 ounces smoked bacon, diced
2 cups demi-glace or 1 package demi-glace mix dissolved in 1 cup water
1 cup red wine
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, juice drained and reserved--if needed add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup
1 cup cola (do not use sugar-free/diet cola)
- For the Pork Loin: Season the pork loin on all sides with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder; set aside for 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the pork loin and brown all sides.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place pork on a baking sheet and roast in oven until the temperature reads 160°F (70°C), about 1 hour. Remove the roast from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Bacon, Pineapple Cola Sauce.
- For the Bacon, Pineapple Cola Sauce: Over medium heat in a medium saucepan, fry the diced bacon until crispy; drain the excess fat.
- To the cooked bacon add the demi-glace, red wine, cola, reserved pineapple juice and the pineapple tidbits.
- Bring to boil and simmer uncovered over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced by half.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): 524.1 calories; 69% calories from fat; 39.9g total fat; 95.9mg cholesterol; 462.3mg sodium; 437.7mg potassium; 9.8g carbohydrates; 0.4g fiber; 8.0g sugar; 9.5g net carbs; 25.5g protein.