Rotini with Pork and Broccoli
Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association.
1 pound rotini (spiral) pasta, uncooked
10 ounces very lean pork, cut into 2-inch strips
1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
2 cups carrots, sliced
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons molasses or honey
2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
1/4 cup water
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Sauté pork strips in oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until well done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and stir until onion is wilted and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots and pork; sauté until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, molasses and water and add to skillet. Heat to boiling.
- Add pasta to the pork-broccoli mixture and stir until pasta is well mixed.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pasta Association.