Sautéed Pork with Bourbon and Mustard
The marinade does most of the work for these flavorful medallions.
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
3 tablespoons bourbon
1 tablespoon minced green onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon butter
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut pork loin into six slices and put into a shallow pan.
- Combine next six ingredients. Add to pan with pork. Mix well. Chill several hours. When ready to cook, remove pork from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute pork until well browned on both sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Pour off all oil. Add marinade to pan; heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer a few minutes. Add butter and swirl pan to melt butter. Season to taste.
- To serve, put pork on plates; strain sauce over the pork slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.