South Beach-Style Leg of Pork
Simple to prepare, this leg of pork recipe uses orange juice and cumin for a flavorful main dish.
1 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) boneless leg of pork (fresh ham)
6 cloves chopped garlic
2 cups orange juice
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Chop garlic cloves in slivers and insert into slits in pork made with sharp knife.
- Mix orange juice, salt, cumin and oregano.
- Place pork in large shallow pan, pour marinade over pork, cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Place pork in a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, about 20 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 150°F (65°C).
- Remove from oven, cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
Makes 8 to 10 servings; with leftovers.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.