Spareribs with Zesty Honey Sauce
These sweet and tender pork spareribs will be a delight to all, whether served as an appetizer or as the main dish.
1 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup honey (or up to 3/4 cup, as desired)
1/4 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
3 pounds pork spareribs
- Combine chili sauce, honey, onion, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, according to taste. place on rack in roasting pan; cover with foil.
- Roast in oven 35 to 45 minutes. Uncover and brush generously with sauce. Roast 45 minutes, brushing with sauce every 15 minutes, until spareribs are fully cooked and tender.
- Cut spareribs into serving portions and serve with remaining sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.