Spiced Wild Honey Pork Spareribs
Enjoy these oven-baked sweet and spicy glazed pork spareribs year-round! They're simple to prepare and are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
4 pounds pork spareribs
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup wild honey
4 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 stars of anise or 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
Steamed white basmati rice
MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce, MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Sauce or MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- Place ribs in large baking pan. Make small incisions all over ribs with a knife. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey, seasoning sauce, cumin, paprika, curry powder, vinegar and anise in small bowl. Brush over all sides of prepared ribs. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove spareribs from pan; reserve any leftover marinade. Place spareribs on large rack on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour. Brush with reserved marinade; bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Cut into individual ribs; serve immediately with rice and chili sauce on the side.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 1050; Calories from Fat: 650; Total Fat: 72g; Saturated Fat: 26g; Cholesterol: 245mg; Sodium: 790mg; Carbohydrates: 47g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 18g; Protein: 51g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.