Spicy Pork Stir-Fry
Adjust the seasonings to your family's tastebuds. Serve over rice or cellophane noodles.
3/4 pound boneless pork loin, sliced into 1/8-inch by 2-inch strips
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
2 cups sliced bok choy
1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup walnut pieces
- In heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, place pork strips, chili powder, red pepper flakes and cumin; seal bag and shake to distribute spices.
- Stir together cornstarch, water and soy sauce; set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips and carrots to skillet and stir-fry 4 minutes.
- Add bok choy and red pepper to skillet; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce mixture and walnuts; stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.