Sunshine Baby Back Ribs
A citrus-and-mint-laced sauce gives a fresh new personality to ribs on the grill. Serve with Fruit Salad with Creamy Poppy Dressing and warm dinner rolls.
4 slabs pork back ribs, about 6 pounds
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
2 cups orange juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, mint and salt in medium saucepan; gradually stir in orange and lime juice. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime and lemon peel; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Lay ribs on two large shallow pans; salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 3 hours, until tender.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
- Brush ribs with sauce. Grill ribs directly over fire, turning frequently and brushing generously with sauce, until ribs are well glazed, about 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.