Deli sliced ham, spinach, Swiss cheese, leeks and red bell pepper bake inside a phyllo pastry crust.
6 ounces phyllo dough
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 pound deli sliced cooked ham
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
4 leeks, sliced
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
4 ounces phyllo dough
1 large egg
1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Spread 6 ounces phyllo dough in a 10-inch springform pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Press into the pan so the sides and bottom are covered with a 1/4-inch overhang. Sprinkle the bottom with dry bread crumbs. Alternately layer sliced ham, spinach, sliced Swiss cheese, sliced leeks, dry bread crumbs, and sliced red bell peppers.
- Spread the remaining 4 ounces phyllo dough on top, folding the edges under to seal.
- Brush the top with egg mixed in water.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and continue baking until brown, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.