Alaska Cod Mex-Ala Salad
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
1 cup prepared chipotle salsa
1/2 cup prepared raspberry vinaigrette
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, to taste
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
4 Alaska Cod fillets (4 to 6 ounces each), fresh or thawed
3 cups spring mix salad
3 cups arugula
1 cup thin-sliced fresh fennel
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 cup fresh raspberries, small strawberries or fresh orange sections
1/4 cup slivered purple (red) onion
- In a small bowl, blend chipotle salsa and vinaigrette to make dressing; set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, blend olive oil, chili powder, garlic, and sugar.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush oil mixture on both sides of Alaska Cod fillets and place in heated skillet. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Turn fillets over and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces, fennel, cilantro, raspberries, and onion.
- To Serve: Portion about 2 cups salad mixture onto each of four plates. Top with a cod fillet and drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing. Sprinkle with Cotija cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 251; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 53mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 861mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.