Blueberry Gelatin Salad with
Cream Cheese Topping
A terrific blueberry gelatin salad with crushed pineapple, fresh blueberries and sliced bananas served with a tangy, vanilla cream cheese topping.
2 (3-ounce) packages blueberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 bananas, sliced (optional)
Cream Cheese Topping:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Drain pineapple. Use juice and cold water to make 2 cups. Add liquid and pineapple to gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Add blueberries and sliced bananas to gelatin; pour into a lightly oiled 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish, cover, and refrigerate until firm.
- For Cream Cheese Topping: Blend all ingredients until smooth. Spread over congealed Blueberry Gelatin Salad. Makes 2 cups.
- Spread with Cream Cheese Topping and sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.