A festive composed salad of broccoli spears, roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella balls, sprinkled with toasted walnuts and drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning salt - divided use
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, defrosted and drained
1 (5-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
2 cups (14 ounces) Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella balls, drained
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the oil, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoning salt; set aside.
- Cut the broccoli spears into single stalks, if necessary.
- On a large oval platter arrange the broccoli down the middle, with the stalks facing in, leaving a 1-inch border at the edge.
- Pour half the dressing over the top.
- Place the peppers over the stalks, leaving the florets exposed.
- Arrange the cheese around the outside of the platter and on top of the peppers.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle the reserved seasoning salt and the walnuts over the salad.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.