Cherry Pineapple and Lettuce Salad
A salad of butter lettuce, pineapple chunks and dried cherries tossed with a honey mustard and poppy seed vinaigrette.
1 head butter or Boston lettuce
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks
1 cup dried tart cherries
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain lettuce; tear into bite-size pieces.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- Put lettuce, pineapple chunks and dried cherries in a large salad bowl; mix well.
- Combine vegetable oil, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, honey, dry mustard and poppy seeds; mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over lettuce mixture.
- Dressing may be refrigerated for several days, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.