Chicken 'N Peas Tostada
This terrific recipe for Chicken 'N Peas Tostada was submitted by Paula McHargue, Richmond, KY.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups torn spinach leaves
2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
1 cup frozen small sweet peas, thawed
1 cup canned blackeye peas, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
4 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Dressing (recipe follows)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place in medium bowl. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice and olive oil; stir to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove chicken from marinade with slotted spoon.
- In large nonstick frypan sprayed with cooking spray, place chicken and saute over medium high heat about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink.
- In large bowl, place spinach, red leaf lettuce and iceberg lettuce. Toss gently and add sweet peas, blackeye peas, corn, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro. Pour Dressing over mixture; toss. Add cheese and tortilla chips; toss gently.
- To serve, place salad mixture on platter and arrange chicken strips on top. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro sprigs.
Makes 4 servings.
Dressing: In small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 3 tablespoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.