Cucumber and Fried Tofu Salad
Next time you need a salad for a picnic or other outdoor event, try this Asian-style salad with tofu, cucumber and bean sprouts.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (14-ounce) block firm tofu, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch slices
1 large cucumber, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch slices
2 cups bean sprouts
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
2 large hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tofu, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Combine cucumber, tofu and bean sprouts in large bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine onion, garlic, seasoning sauce, vinegar, sugar and chili powder in small bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and toss. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve garnished with sliced, hard-boiled eggs.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 300; Calories from Fat: 220; Total Fat: 25 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 690 mg; Carbohydrates: 13 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Sugars: 7 g; Protein: 12 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.