Layered Brunch Salad
A tasty layered salad with veggies, hard-boiled egg, bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese, blue cheese and a topping of crunchy French fried onions. This is a great salad for potlucks and parties.
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 large head lettuce, washed and drained
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 pound bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
2 cups cauliflowerets, washed and drained
1 cup shredded raw carrots
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin Blue cheese
1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and mayonnaise until well blended. Set aside.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces. Layer half the lettuce, all of the eggs, bacon, cauliflowerets, carrots, celery and remaining lettuce in a 9x13 inch glass dish.
- Top with blue cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Spread sour cream mixture over cheese layer, sealing to edges of dish. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, top with French fried onions. Cut into squares.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.