Maine Lobster and White Bean Salad with
This salad was adapted from a recipe by a former Maine Lobster Chef winner, Alan McGrath, and uses cooked Maine lobster. It is a wonderful summer picnic salad.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat
1 (19-ounce) can white beans (cannelloni, garbanzo, white kidney)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 leek, white stem, finely chopped, about 3 tablespoons
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
4 scallions, cut into julienne strips
1 cup whole kernel corn (may use frozen)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
1/2 red pepper, cut into julienne strips
Salad greens to line plates
- For Lemon-Chive Vinaigrette: Using a stainless steel bowl, whisk the olive oil into the mustard and chives. Add the lemon juice and vinegar. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- For Salad: Cut the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Drain and rinse the beans and add to the bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan and cook the leek and garlic until soft and add to the bowl. Add the tomatoes, scallions, corn, parsley and red pepper. Pour over the vinaigrette and gently mix.
- To Serve: line 4 plates with salad greens and arrange salad on the plate.
- Garnish with chive blossoms.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Maine Lobster Promotion Council.