Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Salad greens, orange segments, red bell pepper, red onion and cilantro are tossed in an apple-cumin dressing and topped with chicken strips seasoned with Dijon mustard, cumin and Parmesan cheese.
1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons coarse Dijon mustard
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 cups torn salad greens
2 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons butter melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For Salad Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly blended; chill.
- For Salad: In large shallow bowl combine ingredients for salad; cover and chill.
- For Chicken: Heat broiler. Grease rack of broiler pan; set aside.
- Pound each chicken breast half between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine mustard, melted butter and cumin; brush on both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken on broiler pan. Broil about 6-inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken over, and broil an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese divided evenly between the chicken.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- To serve, divide dressed salad among 4 plates, top each with warm, sliced chicken breast and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.