Mexican Corn & Rice Salad with Jumbo Shrimp
Served chilled, this tasty Mexican-style brown rice and shrimp salad is made ahead, making this an ideal dish for entertaining.
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 cup kernel corn
1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/3 cup chopped pimento-stuffed olives
1/2 cup salsa
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lime juiced and grated peel
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
10 jumbo shrimp, cooked, peeled and chilled
4 sprigs cilantro
- Mix together brown rice, corn, red and green peppers, green onions and olives.
- Whisk together salsa, olive oil, lime juice and rind, and cumin; pour over rice mixture, tossing to combine. Chill.
- Divide rice mixture evenly between four plates, forming a 5-inch circle that is 3/4-inch thick.
- Half shrimp and arrange in a circle on top of the rice, five halved shrimp per serving.
- Place a cilantro sprig in center of each serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.