Mexican Mahi Salad
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1 1/2 tablespoons puréed chipotle peppers in adobo
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless mahi mahi fillets
1 quart Napa or Savoy cabbage
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium avocado, diced
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons lime juice
Salt to taste
- Whisk together chipotle purée and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place mahi mahi fillets in bowl and coat with chili purée. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cabbage, beans, California Ripe Olives, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and green onion. Pour in lime juice and remaining olive oil, season with salt to taste and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook mahi fillets for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve each fillet on top of a mound of cabbage slaw.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: you may substitute your favorite meaty white fish if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 390; Total Fat: 22g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Protein: 32g; Sodium: 530mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.