Pork and Pasta Salad
Need a simple idea for leftover roast or chops? Try this easy spinach fettuccine and pork salad tossed in a tarragon vinaigrette. Also great with leftover ham, too!
3/4 pound cooked pork loin
1/2 cup diagonally sliced carrots
8 ounces spinach fettuccine
1 small Bermuda onion, sliced and separated into rings
1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
1/8 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Place carrots in steamer basket over water. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Rinse well with hot water.
- In a large bowl combine pork, carrots, fettuccine and onion.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, tarragon and basil; cover and shake well. Pour over fettucine mixture. Toss gently to coat. Chill 2 to 4 hours. Toss again before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.