Roasted Beets, Goat Cheese and Grilled Pork Salad
Prepare beets ahead of time, refrigerate until needed, and this salad dinner comes together quickly. Serve with hot French bread.
2 (4-ounce) boneless pork chops
2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard - divided use
4 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 head butter lettuce, cleaned
6 to 8 small beets, roasted, peeled and sliced
1/2 sliced red onion
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dill weed
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Rub pork chops with 2 tablespoons mustard and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
- Grill chops directly over fire for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on four dinner plates; top with sliced beets and onion.
- Slice chops and fan on top of each salad.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, dill, remaining 1/2 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over each salad and sprinkle with goat cheese and walnuts.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.