Roasted Monkfish and Vegetable Salad
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound monkfish fillets, skinned and cubed
4 bell peppers, mixed colors, deseeded and quartered
3 zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
2 medium eggplants, cubed
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil - divided use
6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar - divided use
Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
1 pound dry pasta
1 (1.75-ounce) can anchovies, drained and finely chopped
1 lemon, rind and juice
6 tablespoons capers
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the peppers, zucchini and eggplant onto two greased baking trays. Drizzle 3 tablespoons each of oil and vinegar and season with black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the fish, basting the fish and vegetables with the cooking juices from the tray. Roast for a further 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, until it is tender but still firm to the bite. Drain but do not rinse.
- Spread on a large tray or plate and drizzle over a little oil and toss. This will ensure the pasta cools quickly and remains separate.
- For Dressing: Mix the anchovies, lemon rind and juice and capers in a small bowl with the remaining olive oil, vinegar and seasoning.
- Put the fish and vegetables into a large serving bowl, add the pasta and dressing. Toss and serve.
Makes 10 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.