Roasted Rosemary Idaho® Potato and Apple Salad
Recipe by Tim Mahon, Chef Manager, Compass, Eurest.
3 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
4 Golden/Red Delicious apples
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice or cider vinegar
1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard (optional)
8 ounces walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl toss potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; place on sheet pan and roast in 350°F (175°C) convection oven 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill.
- Wash, core and dice apples. Toss with potatoes in large bowl.
- In small bowl whisk together lemon juice or vinegar and mustard until smooth and pour over potato-apple mixture and toss to coat well. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, stir in walnuts and mix well. Adjust seasonings with Salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve as a composed salad or platter salad (optional: serve on a bed of baby spinach).
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.