Salmon and Avocado Pasta Salad
Pasta salad with salmon, avocado, green onions, red bell pepper and fresh cilantro tossed in a lime and sour cream dressing and served on a bed of lettuce leaves.
6 ounces dry pasta, macaroni, penne or shells
2 tablespoons French dressing
1 (14.75-ounce) can salmon, or 2 (7.5-ounce) cans
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 lime, juiced and rind grated
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
Paprika, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with French dressing. Allow to cool.
- Drain and flake salmon. Add to pasta with green onions, sliced pepper and cilantro.
- Whisk together lime juice and grated rind, mayonnaise, sour cream and tomato paste, until thoroughly combined.
- Toss pasta salad with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and chill.
- Before serving, gently toss avocados into salad. Spoon salad onto bed of lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
Makes 2 (main dish) servings, or 4 (side dish) servings.