Salmon Nicoise Salad
This 'simple-salmon' take on the classic tuna 'Salade Nicoise', has faint resemblance to its name sake as it lacks the boiled red potatoes, wedges of hard-boiled eggs and anchovies. Nevertheless, it stands on its own appeal and makes a colorful and satisfying entrée salad perfect for a luncheon or light supper.
1 small head butter lettuce
1 cup cooked and cooled green beans
1 large tomato, sliced into wedges
1 small red pepper, cored and sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1 (7.5-ounce) can salmon
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
- Wash and dry lettuce; arrange leaves on a large serving platter.
- Toss together the beans, tomato wedges, red pepper slices and red onion slices; arrange on the lettuce.
- Drain and flake salmon. Arrange flaked salmon on bean mixture.
- For Classic Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- Drizzle Classic Vinaigrette evenly over salad just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.