Stained Glass Fruit Salad
A delightful pineapple and lemon cream gelatin mold studded with colorful cubes of fruity gelatin—the stained glass.
1 (6-ounce) box cherry gelatin
1 (6-ounce) box lime gelatin
1 (6-ounce) box orange gelatin
1 (6-ounce) box lemon gelatin
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups heavy cream
- Dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup of cold water and pour into an 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Repeat this same process with the lime and orange flavors only.
- In a small sauce pan, mix together the lemon gelatin with the undrained pineapple. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring, and cook 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature until thickened.
- When cherry, lime, and orange gelatin are firm, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Whip cream into stiff peaks, and fold it into the cooled lemon-pineapple mixture.
- Fold gelatin cubes into the whipped cream mixture.
- Pour the gelatin-cream mixture into a 9-inch tube pan.
- Chill for several hours before unmolding.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.