Stir-Fried Southwestern Pork Salad
Don't let the list of ingredients fool you. This colorful main dish salad is a snap to put together.
3 boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 cups torn spinach
3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
1 can (15-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Sour cream (optional)
Tortilla chips (optional)
- For dressing, in a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice, lemon pepper, crushed red pepper and salt.
- In a large bowl toss together spinach, lettuce, beans, tomatoes, pepper strips and onion. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet heat 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir pork cubes for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Pour dressing over pork; toss to coat. Add to spinach mixture; toss lightly to coat.
- Serve salad on individual plates. If desired, top with sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.