Strawberry Shrimp and Feta Salad
Recipe courtesy of California Strawberry Commission.
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons water
2 cups (about 10 ounces) fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
3/4 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
8 cups mixed salad greens, such as butter lettuce and watercress
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1 small cucumber, sliced (about 24 slices)
- For Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Over gas or charcoal grill or in grill pan on stove top, grill shrimp 5 minutes, turning once, or until pink and cooked through.
- In small bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, toss greens and onion with remaining vinaigrette to coat lightly.
- Divide among 4 chilled salad plates and arrange strawberries and shrimp on top of greens. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with slices of cucumber, equally divided.
Makes 4 servings.
- For a variation, substitute shredded smoked chicken for the shrimp.
- Pre-cooked, shelled shrimp may be substituted for grilled shrimp.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 304; Total Fat: 17g; Cholesterol: 192mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 808mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. Used with permission.