Sugar Snap Peas and Shrimp Salad
Sugar snap peas and shrimp are the highlights in this colorful salad—perfect as a starter, and great on its own as a main entrée.
4 ounces sugar snap peas, stems removed
1/2 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon - divided use
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
3/4 cup BIMBO Bread Crumbs
1 pound peeled, deveined and cooked jumbo shrimp, patted dry with paper towels
8 large lettuce leaves
- Boil sugar snap peas in water for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Plunge in ice water; drain well.
- Mix media crema, lemon juice, garlic, 1 teaspoon bouillon, oregano and white pepper in medium bowl. Add sugar snap peas, tomatoes, bell pepper and green onions; mix well. Refrigerate.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Beat egg lightly in medium bowl. Combine bread crumbs and remaining bouillon on a plate. Dip shrimp in egg. Toss in bread crumb mixture.
- Cook half of shrimp in single layer, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Serve salad on lettuce leaves; top with warm shrimp.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.