Sweet Potato Wedges with Parsley Salad
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.
2 large sweet potatoes, each cut into 6 long wedges
1 teaspoon salt - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 cups grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, place sweet potatoes in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Stir in parsley, tomatoes and pecans.
- To serve, place sweet potato wedges on a platter. Top with salad; sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.