Tri-Color Curried Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of Savory Simple, Food Blogger; savorysimple.net.
1 sweet potato, cut into bite sized pieces
3 Idaho® purple potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
3 Idaho® red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons coconut milk, preferably the thicker cream
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/8 cup raisins
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed and coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Briefly melt the coconut oil in the microwave until it's a liquid consistency.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the coconut oil and then spread them out on a sheet tray. Give them a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes until they're crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, approximately 45 minutes Gently stir them around once or twice while cooking to prevent sticking. Allow them to cool completely.
- While the potatoes are cooling, toast the slivered almonds at 350°F (175°C) until fragrant, approximately 5 minutes (keep an eye on them so they don't burn).
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk/cream and curry powder. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat evenly. season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.