Watercress Berry Celebration Shrimp Salad
A simple plate of spring vegetables and fruits served with shrimp on a bed of watercress and endive.
6 cups water
1 1/4 pounds shrimp
3/4 pound asparagus
1 1/2 cups red raspberries
1/2 pound watercress
1/2 pound endive
Salad dressing of your choice
- Bring water to a boil in a large kettle. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes, but do not boil. Drain, rinse with cold water, chill, peel and clean.
- Place trimmed asparagus in a steamer over boiling water. Cover and cook 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain, cover, and chill.
- Gently rinse red raspberries; drain and set aside.
- Remove the caps from strawberries.
- Arrange watercress and endive on serving plates.
- Divide the shrimp, asparagus, and raspberries over the salad. Serve with a salad dressing of your choice.
Makes 4 servings.