Yellowfin Tuna Niçoise
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 tuna steaks
Kosher salt to taste
Cracked black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces French cut green beans, ends trimmed and cooked
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Vinaigrette dressing, lemon or mustard
2 heads romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
1 cup Kalamata or Niçoise olives, pitted
4 large eggs, hardboiled and sliced
Herb goat cheese (optional)
Fingerling potatoes, boiled and cut into quarters (optional)
Asparagus spears, cooked (optional)
- Season the tuna on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat; add tuna steaks and sear for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from heat and slice thin. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the vegetables with vinaigrette dressing. Place romaine lettuce on plates and arrange the vegetables, olives and egg slices around the greens toward the outside of the plate.
- Place the tuna steak on top of the greens. Drizzle a small amount of vinaigrette over the tuna and vegetables. If using goat cheese, crumble a small amount on top of the tuna.
- Niçoise salad should be served at room temperature or cold.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 579; Calories From Fat: 299; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 263mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Protein: 42g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.