Yogurt Strawberry Mold
An dreamily delicious pink salad mold made with fresh strawberries, dairy whipping cream, yogurt and strawberry gelatin.
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Wash, hull and drain strawberries. Purée 1 cup of strawberries in blender container. Slice remaining berries and set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in puréed berries, yogurt, cold water and vanilla extract. Chill until partially set (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Beat with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fold in sliced strawberries.
- Pour into lightly oiled 4 cup mold or six individual serving dishes. Chill until set.
- Unmold gelatin. Whip cream and garnish top of salad.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.