Applewood Honey Chicken
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
For an easy, family-pleasing recipe, try these deluxe grilled cheese sandwiches with barbecue chicken.
1 (20 ounce) package Farm Rich Smokehouse Applewood Honey Chicken BBQ
8 (1/4 to 1/2-inch) slices of a whole grain bread loaf
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 stick butter, melted
Spicy mustard for dipping (optional)
- Prepare BBQ according to package directions*.
- Brush a large non-stick skillet with butter and place over medium-low heat.
- Working with two sandwiches at a time, brush one side of two pieces of bread with butter. Spread 1 ounce of cream cheese on the other side of each piece of bread.
- Place the two pieces of bread (butter side down) in the pan. Top each with BBQ chicken, cheese, tomato slices and more cheese.
- Butter two more slices of bread and place them over each sandwich (butter side up). Use a spatula to smash the sandwiches just a bit.
- Flip the sandwiches over after about 2 to 4 minutes or until the bottom pieces of bread are dark brown. Cook until the other side of the bread is dark brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate and repeat process with the remaining slices of bread and ingredients to make two more sandwiches.
- Serve with spicy mustard for dipping.
Makes 4 servings.
*Tip: Sandwiches may be prepared on a stovetop.
Recipe and photograph provided by Farm Rich Smokehouse via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.