Bacon and Cheese Special
This is not an ordinary breakfast bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, this cheesy diner special does lunch and supper duty instead—but if you want to serve this sandwich for breakfast, go for it!
8 strips bacon
4 sandwich buns, split and buttered
2 large eggs, well-beaten
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash of garlic salt
Dash of celery salt
- Cut bacon strips in half and partially fry, then drain.
- Place buns on baking sheet. Toast under broiler until lightly browned.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs, cheese, lemon juice, salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic and celery salts.
- Divide cheese mixture equally over buns; top with 2 pieces of bacon.
- Broil until cheese is lightly browned and bacon crisp.
- Serve hot.
Makes 4 (2 bun halves) servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.