Caribbean Pork Sandwich
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.
4 loin pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, freshly cracked
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup mayonnaise, or light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half horizontally
- Combine the salt, pepper, cumin and allspice in a small bowl. Rub onto both sides of the pork chops. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal or preheat gas grill to medium high. Pat chops dry and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning once, until just done, about 8 to 9 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (62.7°C).
- Transfer chops to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 to 2 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on top half of rolls. Cut pork into thin slices and place on rolls. Add lettuce leaf and tomato slices if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 480; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 95mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 2010mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.