Cheesy BLT with Jalapeño Jack Cheese
Roasted garlic purée, fresh basil leaves and spicy jalapeño jack cheese add loads of flavor and kick to this tasty take on the classic BLT. Adapted recipe by Chef Michael Symon.
Roasted garlic purée, as needed
12 slices sourdough bread
12 slices Wisconsin Jalapeño Jack cheese
6 slices vine-ripened tomatoes
12 fresh basil leaves
12 slices bacon, fried crisp
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Spread roasted garlic purée on sourdough bread and top each slice with 1 slice of cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until the cheese is melted and bread is toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Layer 6 of the bread slices with equal parts of the remaining ingredients as follows: 2 slices of tomato, 4 basil leaves, 2 slices bacon, and remaining 6 slices of cheese-topped bread.
- Cut on diagonal and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.