Cheesy Hot Dog Tote
Here's one to remember next time you go picnicking or camping.
1/2 pound hot dogs, cubed
1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (2-ounce) jar stuffed green olives, chopped
1/2 cup frozen diced onions
1/2 cup chili sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 pita rounds
Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Cut hot dogs into fourths lengthwise, then slice into 1/4 inch cubes. Combine with olives, eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, chili sauce and cheese, mixing well.
- Cut pita rounds in half. Open pocket and fill with approximately 1/3 cup filling—be generous.
- Wrap individually in foil and refrigerate.
- When grill is hot, place foil-wrapped sandwiches on grill and heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and continue heating until pita bread is crisp and filling is hot, about 10 to 15 minutes more, depending on desired crispness.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Hot Dog And Sausage Council.