Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas
Recipe courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico.
2 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 fully ripened avocado, pitted, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
4 (7 to 8-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil, the lime juice and cumin. Add chicken and avocado; toss gently.
- Lay tortillas on a baking sheet; brush both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Spoon chicken and avocado mixture on one side of each tortilla, dividing evenly; top with cheese. Fold tortillas in half to cover filling.
- Bake until tortillas are crisp, about 8 minutes. If desired, serve with salsa or sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico; mexhassrecipes.com.