Chinese Chicken Burgers with Rainbow Sesame Slaw
Outrageously good! Chinese-style chicken burgers are topped with a colorful pepper, snow pea and jicama slaw and a fiery Sriracha lime mayo.
2 (16-ounce) packages PERDUE® Fresh Ground Chicken
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
1/3 cup sliced green onions
6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Sliced green onions for garnish
Sriracha Lime Mayo:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons of Sriracha Chile Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
Rainbow Sesame Slaw:
2/3 cup julienne peppers (red, orange, yellow, or any combination)
2/3 cup julienned snow peas, strings removed
2/3 cup julienned jicama
1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Sriracha Chile Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In large bowl, mix together ground chicken, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, lemongrass and 1/3 cup sliced scallions. Divide mixture into 6 patties and set aside.
- Place grill pan over medium heat. Spread softened butter on hamburger buns and place on grill pan until light brown.
- Wipe grill pan with paper towel and brush with vegetable oil. Place chicken patties on grill pan and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (73.8°C) about 7 minutes per side. During last few minutes of cooking, baste each burger with 1 tablespoon of the hoisin sauce.
- To assemble, place 1 tablespoon of the Sriracha Lime Mayo on each bottom and top bun. Place chicken on bun bottoms and top each with 1/3 cup Rainbow Sesame Slaw. Serve with any remaining slaw and mayo on the side. Garnish with green onions.
- For Sriracha Lime Mayo: In small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Set aside.
- For Rainbow Sesame Slaw: In medium-size bowl, mix together all ingredients.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 620; Total Fat 38g; Saturated Fat 14g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 200mg; Sodium 1090mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 15g; Protein 30g.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Cooking Contest.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Perdue Farms.