Crescent Roll Chicken Sandwiches
Your family will love these fast and tasty 'hot pocket' chicken sandwiches. Leftover turkey works great with this recipe, too.
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 tablespoon minced green onion
1 celery rib, finely minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons milk
1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon butter until smooth. Add the chicken, onion, celery, salt, pepper and milk. Mix well.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture and twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place sandwiches on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 sandwiches.