Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Using whole grain hamburger buns not only ensures that you're adding more nutrients to your diet, they also make a tastier sandwich.
3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
4 whole grain hamburger buns
Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions for garnish
- In a shallow bowl, or self-sealing bag, combine the hot pepper sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet and place in marinade. Let mixture marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator, or up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade (discarding marinade), and grill over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing, celery and fresh parsley.
- To assemble, place a chicken breast on the bottom half of a hamburger bun. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the sauce on top and garnish with lettuce, sliced tomatoes and red onion if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Grain Foods Foundation; through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.