Grilled Chicken and Provolone Panini
Made ahead and served chilled, these tasty grilled chicken and provolone panini are perfect for picnics, tailgating and casual entertaining.
4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4 crusty rolls of choice, French, Italian, sourdough
1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
2 cups (about 4 ounces) arugula, washed and dried
8 pieces (about 4 ounces) prosciutto, thinly sliced
8 pieces (about 4 ounces) provolone, thinly sliced
- Brush chicken breasts lightly with melted butter. Combine sage and rosemary and sprinkle on both sides of chicken. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Grill chicken breasts over charcoal grill in stove-top grill pan, or under broiler until firm to the touch. Transfer to plate and let cool approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half. Sprinkle bottom of each roll with vinaigrette.
- Divide arugula among the four rolls.
- Layer 2 slices of prosciutto and 2 slices of provolone on each roll.
- Slice each chicken breast half crosswise into diagonal slices, about 1/2-inch thick and place on top of cheese.
- Drizzle more vinaigrette over chicken.
- Place top of roll on and press down gently so sandwich stays together.
- Tightly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.