Grilled Mushroom and Chickpea Wrap with Basil
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council.
1 1/4 pounds medium button mushrooms, halved
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
1/2 teaspoon baharat or garam masala
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons honey
2 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat grill or large skillet to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoon olive oil. Cook mushrooms in grill pan or skillet 2 to 3 minutes, turning often with a spatula.
- In a large bowl, toss cooked mushrooms with baharat or garam masala.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing over the mushrooms. Toss to coat. Cover and set aside 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cover chickpeas with water, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cool in liquid and drain. Remove 1/3 of the chickpeas to a small bowl and lightly mash with the back of a fork or potato masher. Return to saucepot and combine with remaining cooked chickpeas.
- Toss chickpea mix, tomatoes, basil and remaining dressing with mushrooms.
- Warm dry skillet to medium heat. Quickly warm each tortilla on both sides and remove to cutting board. Spoon a heaping 1/2 cup mushroom filling onto each tortilla; roll burrito-style and cut in half to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe; 1 wrap with 1/2 cup filling): Calories: 465; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 51g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 733mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Mushroom Council.