Grilled Pork Burgers with Apricot Mayonnaise
The apricot mayonnaise makes a nice spread for cold pork roast sandwiches. Serve burgers with your favorite potato salad, fruit kabobs and chips with dip.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
1/4 cup minced onion
4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
12 slices Italian bread
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- In large bowl combine pork with onion, the 4 tablespoons cilantro and seasoned salt; form into six patties and set aside.
- Prepare grill for direct heat grilling.
- Meanwhile, for Apricot Mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise, preserves, lemon juice and cilantro, set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes per side; remove and keep warm.
- Grill bread for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly toasted.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Top with burgers, and remaining bread slice at an angle over burger. Pass any remaining Apricot Mayonnaise.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.