Herby Fish Burgers
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
8 ounces smoked cod or haddock fillet, skinned and finely cubed
8 ounces coley or whiting fillet, skinned and finely cubed
8 ounces cooked mashed potatoes, cooled
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 large egg, beaten
All-purpose flour, for dusting
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar or freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
Sunflower oil, for basting
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except last four.
- Divide mixture into 6 to 8 portions. Dust hands well with flour and shape into rounds and then flatten into patties.
- In separate bowl, combine grated cheese and bread crumbs. Coat the fish burgers in the cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- Wrap each burger individually in 8x8-inch sheet of wax paper. Freeze for a least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill burgers under a moderate heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, basting lightly with the oil.
- Serve in bread roll with tomato, a spoonful of relish and a side salad.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 214; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 98mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 881mg; Potassium: 648mg.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.