Inch by Inch Hero Sandwich
The 'hero', a classic deli sandwich. Have it your way and layer your preferred ingredients in desired amounts.
Whole loaf or loaves of French bread
Butter or margarine, softened
Red onion slices
Prepared or deli coleslaw
Cooked chicken or turkey, sliced
Thousand Island dressing
- Cut loaf or loaves of French bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread both sides with softened butter or margarine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on bottom half; then top with layers of sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion rings, sliced cucumbers, prepared coleslaw and rolled sliced cooked chicken or turkey.
- Ladle prepared thousand island dressing over all.
- For serving, top with remaining bread and cut into desired length.
Makes ? servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.